Re: Orca strange text,was Re: Announcement of highlighted text

Ricky Enger napsal(a):
Hi Hermann and all,

I too have experienced this oddity with Orca spouting strange text
and until now, I assumed I was the only one having the problem.

I can't paste an exact transcript of what's being said, since the
text seems not to actually appear on the screen.  It just gets sent
to the synth.  The text is something like:
Project version, Orca.  Ms GID, report bugs to: P.O.T,
Creation date: blah.
PO revision date: blah
Last translator: David Lodge, dave cert net, Language Team.
Mime Version: 1.0.

Hello, this exactly happens with gettext when you try to get a
translation of an empty string.  Thus somewhere in Orca, there must be
an empty string passed to the _() function.  What you describe is the
translation file header...  I didn't follow this thread, but it seems
this information might clarify this problem.  Best regards, Tomas.