Re: Orca Announcement of highlighted text

Hi Sean.

1.  Does not tell you what has been selected or unselected.

It is supposed to. Try, for example, in OOo Writer and Gedit.  In cases
where it doesn't, I would file a bug in bugzilla (one bug per app where
it fails).  For instance, I just noticed that Orca doesn't announce as
you select in Evolution and will file that momentarily. <smile>

2.  No command I have found to tell you what has been selected.

Do you have the latest version of Orca (2.17.3)?  If so, having selected
text, try the whereAmI command (KeyPad Enter in the desktop layout;
CapsLock Enter in the laptop layout).  Again, in the specific cases
where Orca does not announce the selected text when you use whereAmI, I
would file a bug in bugzilla.

HTH.
Joanie