Re: cpp: Gratuitous code formatting change

Murray Cumming <murrayc@t-online.de> wrote:
> At the momement the ORBit cpp branch generates code like this
>
> namespace somenamespace{ class someclass {
>   void somemethod {
>     somecode }
> } };
>
> This is very difficult to read when there's a whole bunch of namespaces
> and classes in the same file. I can accept the { on the same line as the
> function (though I think it's less common in C++ than C), but doing this
> with namespaces and classes too is just silly.
>
> Any objections to me fixing it while I'm fixing the other things?

ORBit uses the 'indent' command to nicely format generated code.

Any reason why ORBit-C++ can't do the same when 'indent' is available?
Never mind, I just read the man page... C only, not C++. Bugger.

Murray, I don't mind at all if you want to fix the formatting of
generated code, but please commit those changes seperately from other
changes so we can tell them apart in CVS later.

Thanks.
--
Sam "Eddie" Couter  |  mailto:scouter@bigpond.net.au
Debian Developer    |  mailto:eddie@debian.org