Re: [orbitcpp-list] Re: cpp branch: CORBA_Object struct hidden?

On Tue, 2002-02-19 at 19:13, Michael Meeks wrote:
> > Maybe there's a better way to do this. After all, how would a Perl or
> > Python binding libbonobo binding create a Perl/Python stub for an
> > existing C CORBA_Object instance?
>
> 	Fair enough.
>
> > For instance, is there any kind of
> > instance ID? Can I create a 2nd CORBA_Object stub instance for the same
> > BonoboWindow?
>
> 	Whatever;

That wasn't a suggestion. It's a question from a CORBA newbie.

> I really don't quite see why you need to associate data with
> the client object handle; it seems somewhat strange - no other client
> code does this from C - what are you going to use it for ? Associating
> stuff with the server I can see would be useful but ...

Yes, it's the server instance that's important. I'll try to rephrase it
more clearly:

Is it possible to get a 2nd stub for the same server instance? For
instance, can I have 2 BonoboWindow*s which can be used to manipulate
the same actual visible Bonobo window (forgive me if my capitalization
is wrong)?

If so, is it possible to get the 2nd stub from the 1st stub, or is this
only possible when a get_something() method happens to return references
to the same server object?

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc@usa.net