Re: [orbitcpp-list] Re: cpp branch: CORBA_Object struct hidden?

On Mon, 2002-01-28 at 12:14, Michael Meeks wrote:
> Hi Murray,
>
> On Sat, 2002-01-26 at 16:05, Murray Cumming wrote:
> > The CORBA_Object definition seems to be private unless
> > ORBIT2_INTERNAL_API is #defined. But the CORBA:Object class uses it as a
> > member variable, trying, I think, to do C-style inheritance from it. I'm
> > not sure whether we should define ORBIT2_INTERNAL_API somewhere or
> > whether we should try to use a CORBA_Object*.
>
> 	Very strange; hmm, what file is this in in the ORB ? I'd be interested
> to see what is going on; quite possibly we can add some fields for the
> C++ ORB to the basic CORBA_Object record - so we don't need to expose
> it.

Is there any generic way to associate data with a CORBA_Object, like
g_object_set_data()? As far as I can tell CORBA_Object doesn't inherit
from GObject. A void* cpp_wrapper field should be enough for us, but
this might be a generic problem for other languages too.

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc@usa.net