Re: [orbitcpp-list] Re: cpp branch: CORBA_Object struct hidden?

Hi Murray,

On Tue, 2002-02-19 at 09:04, Murray Cumming wrote:
> 1. If a C++ class inherits from a struct, then it would make that struct
> public to anybody who uses the C++ class.

	You don't need to inherit anything public from it. Just some internal
structures eg.

typedef struct {
	CORBA_Object_type base;
	gpointer cpp_impl_pointer;
} ORBitCppInternalStruct;

	eg.

> 2. We seem to need the CORBA_Object to be a member rather than a base
> class, to allow for wrapping of existing CORBA_Object instances.

	Hmm; true - then again that can most likely be achieved by either a)
having an accessor method or b) keeping a CORBA_Object pointer that you
use for this purpose on the C++ wrapper, and simply narrowing that
inside the C++ impl. to ORBitCppInternalStruct.

	How does that sound ?