Re: [orbitcpp-list] Re: cpp branch: CORBA_Object struct hidden?

Hi Murray,

On Sat, 2002-02-16 at 19:55, Murray Cumming wrote:
> Is there any generic way to associate data with a CORBA_Object, like
> g_object_set_data()? As far as I can tell CORBA_Object doesn't inherit
> from GObject. A void* cpp_wrapper field should be enough for us, but
> this might be a generic problem for other languages too.

	Currently no - it should be somewhat easy to add one if you wish; but
as soon as you do that you need to do more, hook the finalization etc.
etc.

	Ultimately it'd be best to hook the CORBA_Object construction process
and allow people to 'inherit' from the CORBA_Object structure in the
normal C fashion - then you can add what you like, and clobber the
lifecycle pointers at the same time ;-)

	How does that sound ?