Re: [gnome-love] Setting up a development environment

Le mercredi 06 novembre 2013 à 22:20 +0530, Sindhu S a écrit :
Hi Mathieu and all,

I found that using GNOME on arch was a better experience than other
distributions. I've done my share of distro hopping from RPM to DEB
systems and I think Arch with its quick packagers and simple
installation is recommended if you are comfortable with commandline.
Arch repositories carry GNOME 3.10.1.

Oh well I've donne my share with Arch, and if you want a bleeding edge
solution (and have time to spend in upgrade problems) it's really a
great disto. ;)

Well anyway if Luiz want to run it into a VM to have its boxed gnome dev
environnement, Arch may be indeed just as fine. Those said in my
experiment, you should be aware that it will take you more time to
configure and maintain (but you may learn much through the process those
said).

Apart from the python versioning problems (which was easily resolved
with the script from their wiki page), I have had no issues setting up
JHbuild on Arch.

Just thought I should let the list know that there are more options
than Fedora or Ubuntu for using GNOME :)

On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 10:09 PM, Mathieu Stumpf