Re: [gnome-love] Setting up a development environment

OK ... I've been on the fence about Arch for a long time ... Now I'm going to finally give it a shot just because of the GNOME comments here.  Thanks!

On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 11:38 AM, Sriram Ramkrishna <sri ramkrishna me> wrote:
On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 8:50 AM, Sindhu S <sindhus live in> wrote:
> Hi Mathieu and all,
>
> I found that using GNOME on arch was a better experience than other
> distributions. I've done my share of distro hopping from RPM to DEB systems
> and I think Arch with its quick packagers and simple installation is
> recommended if you are comfortable with commandline. Arch repositories carry
> GNOME 3.10.1.

+1  You get the latest development environment using "tarballs" for
free.  So you can easily develop against the latest release.
Definitely worth checking out. Arch is always the first distro out of
the gate with a pure GNOME experience after a release.  Usually within
2 weeks.  Within 1 week, you have it in testing repo.

sri