Re: [gnome-love] Setting up a development environment

Hi Mathieu and all,

I found that using GNOME on arch was a better experience than other distributions. I've done my share of distro hopping from RPM to DEB systems and I think Arch with its quick packagers and simple installation is recommended if you are comfortable with commandline. Arch repositories carry GNOME 3.10.1.

Apart from the python versioning problems (which was easily resolved with the script from their wiki page), I have had no issues setting up JHbuild on Arch.

Just thought I should let the list know that there are more options than Fedora or Ubuntu for using GNOME :)