Re: F28 - Update reintroduced missing connection after suspend

Am 15.05.2018 um 19:53 schrieb Thomas Haller:

NO CARRIER. I did understand that NM is not able to handle this ?

Hi,

NO-CARRIER has nothing to do with NetworkManager.
Kernel thinks, that the cable is not plugged in.

Consequently, NetworkManager does not autoactivate the profile. Even if
it would, DHCP could not complete, because there is no cable (or at
least, kernel thinks so).

You need to solve that problem. networkd also won't be able to do DHCP
on such a link.

Maybe the switch to which you are connected, disables the link...

best,
Thomas

Hi,

that exactly is the point. This has to do with NetworkManager or its configuration. Or maybe something in the suspend/resume cycle changed.

The PC is connected to a Fritzbox. Nothing has changed regarding the hardware or its configuration. No firmware update, no nothing.

I'm going to switch to networkd now and it will work.

Regards,
Stephan