Re: Configure errors under yocto

On Tue, 2017-03-28 at 07:21 +0100, Colin Helliwell wrote:
On 27 March 2017 at 17:04 Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com> wrote:

The build process takes Introspection data from the NM objects
(NMDevice, NMConnection, etc) and generates files that nmcli uses
provide help text, properties, etc, rather than hardcoding things
twice. So unfortunately, if you want nmcli you also need --enable-
introspection.

Do you have gobject-introspection devel packages for Yocto you can
install?

Just to clarify: G-I is needed just for building? (i.e. I'd only need
it for native, not target)

Hi,

1) when building from a source tarball, you already have
   the documentation and you may build with
   --disable-gtk-doc --disable-introspection

2) when creating the source-tarball, you need
  --enable-gtk-doc --enable-introspection.
  This will embed the documentation in the tarball.

3) when building from git, you also don't have the
   documentation yet. You need in this case either
   --enable-gtk-doc --enable-introspection --with-nmcli
   or
   --disable-gtk-doc --disable-introspection --without-nmcli

You could create the tarball on another machine and build from the
tarball -- if you don't have gtk-doc on your target machine.

Thomas