Re: NM: git HEAD breaks (wifi plugin not available), Debian source works

Thanks, Thomas.

I was able to do everything I needed after running ``make install'' as a
local user, up until this change, which broke my ability to run
NetworkManager. I generally prefer to run ``make install'' as a local
user instead of as root, even when the final program must be run as
root, because there's a much lower chance that the make install will
overwrite files on my root filesystem. This case, where a few files
accidentally get modified outside of the prefix, has happened to me
frequently enough that I am wary of running ``make install'' as root
from dev source.

With your fix, users can either ``make install'' as a local user and
then chown the plugin files to root, or ``make install'' as root with
--without-udev-dir. This seems reasonable to me. It may still warrant
documentation though.