Re: SMS sending error with Telit module

On Mon, 2013-05-27 at 11:31 +0200, Enrico Murador - Research &
Development - CET wrote:
Hello,

I made some tests with ModemManager and the Telit plugin. For now it
seems to work correctly, I never got a connection fault in one week.

Hmm, the logs indicate that the Telit plugin is actually not grabbing
the modem.  Which would be why cycling the power on the module and
having re-enumerate ended up with the wrong port, because the Generic
plugin doesn't know anything about which ports to use, because it's
generic.

What do you get for:

udevadm info --query=all --path=/sys/class/tty/ttyUSB2
udevadm info --query=all --path=/sys/class/tty/ttyUSB3
udevadm info --query=all --path=/sys/class/tty/ttyUSB4

we should make sure the appropriate udev tags get installed for the
device, otherwise the MM Telit plugin won't drive the modem.

Dan

Only one time something strange happened: on my test PC, USB ports 2,3
and 4 are usually assigned to the Telit module; one time, after I cycled
the module's power supply, USB ports 5,6, and 7 was assigned to the
module (but ports 2,3 and 4 should not have been busy...), and MM
assigned port 7 as primary (and not port 5). Unfortunately I totally
missed it in "runtime", so I didn't try to start a data connection,
neither I checked the USB assignments on /dev/serial.

I have not been able to reproduce this behavior anymore, so maybe it was
caused by some problem in USB ports enumeration not related to
ModemManager... (and maybe MM assignment of the ports was correct anyway).

I've attached two logs: "A" is part of a normal connection sequence, "B"
is part of the log of the "strange" connection sequence.

Thank you
Enrico