Re: SMS sending error with Telit module

Sorry for delay... Yes, I hope next week I can try it.
Thank you

On 26/04/2013 19:54, Dan Williams wrote:
On Tue, 2013-04-23 at 08:51 -0500, Dan Williams wrote:
On Wed, 2013-04-17 at 09:54 +0200, Enrico Murador - Research &
Development - CET wrote:
Ok. Problem is that I think I can't get more information regarding
Windows drivers (even if I manage to get the sources, I suppose I can't
freely publish the content). Now I'm trying to look for anything useful
in the list of available AT commands.
Probably I'll have to stick with info that I already have... that should
not be a problem, if I could "patch" (maybe writing udev rules by
myself?) MM to work with my model only.
I agree that a more complete solution is the way to go, but now I have a
system that is essentially not working, so one "half" solution would be
better than nothing.

So, how can I do? Is there a way for me to "customize" MM port detection
for my UC864E module?
I've pushed a dcbw/telit-plugin branch that includes the appropriate
udev rules, and a first attempt at access technology checking based on
some Telit documentation that I found.  Is there a chance you can try
this branch and see if it works reliably for your device?
Enrico, any chance you've been able to test this branch out?

Last resort would be to "turn off" MM and manually handle the module
(and the related data connection), but I must also manage a VPN on that
connection, and I think NetworkManager doesn't consider data connections
that are not managed by itself, so in the case I'll also have to
manually handle the VPN connection...

Thank you