Re: SMS sending error with Telit module

Hello,

I made some tests with ModemManager and the Telit plugin. For now it seems to work correctly, I never got a connection fault in one week.

Only one time something strange happened: on my test PC, USB ports 2,3 and 4 are usually assigned to the Telit module; one time, after I cycled the module's power supply, USB ports 5,6, and 7 was assigned to the module (but ports 2,3 and 4 should not have been busy...), and MM assigned port 7 as primary (and not port 5). Unfortunately I totally missed it in "runtime", so I didn't try to start a data connection, neither I checked the USB assignments on /dev/serial.

I have not been able to reproduce this behavior anymore, so maybe it was caused by some problem in USB ports enumeration not related to ModemManager... (and maybe MM assignment of the ports was correct anyway).

I've attached two logs: "A" is part of a normal connection sequence, "B" is part of the log of the "strange" connection sequence.

Thank you
Enrico