Re: SMS sending error with Telit module

On 27/03/13 14:46, Dan Williams wrote:
Also, not sure what you mean with 'failed' startup. In the logs I just
see that the modem was plugged in, nothing else.

On MM 5.2 log, I see that modem goes from DISABLED state to ENABLING,
then ENABLED, then REGISTERED. After that I can start a data connection
with "nmcli con up id ...".
On MM 7.99 log, the only state change I see is: "Modem: state changed
(unknown -> disabled)". I've tried to make a connection with the wizard
(it was a fresh install of 12.10, so no already existing mobile
connections) , but it shows me no modems on the device selection list.

Maybe I should create a connection with previous NM(9.6) then upgrade NM
and MM?
NetworkManager needs to be rebuilt with support for the new ModemManager
from git master.  Otherwise it only knows about MM 0.6 and earlier.  So
if you're using the stock NM from 12.10, it won't know how to talk to
latest MM.

Best thing to do there is to use the mmcli commands as Aleksander
suggested, so we can see if everything works correctly.  Then you can
move on to using an NM PPA or something to get a more up-to-date NM.

If you used Marius' PPP, you should already have the proper
NetworkManager installed; you may need to restart it, though.

--
Aleksander