Re: SMS sending error with Telit module

On 27/03/13 10:41, Enrico Murador - Research & Development - CET wrote:
When I try to send an SMS when connected (with MM 5.2), I get an error
like "cannot send an SMS while connected" (maybe connection is made
using only one USB port?). If data connection is not active, I still
cannot send SMS, as explained in previous post...

I've attached two debug logs, one from MM 5.2 (startup + successful data
connection), one from MM7.99 ("failed" startup, so I cannot make data
connection/SMS sending tests).

In MM 0.7.x, make sure you *unlock* the PIN (if needed) and *enable* the
modem before trying to send SMS, e.g. (assuming index 0 for SMS and modem):
 $> sudo mmcli -i 0 --pin=1234
 $> sudo mmcli -m 0 -e

The, you can play with sending SMS directly from the command line
interface, see:

https://sigquit.wordpress.com/2012/09/14/sms-goodies-in-modemmanager/

Also, not sure what you mean with 'failed' startup. In the logs I just
see that the modem was plugged in, nothing else.

--
Aleksander