Re: SMS sending error with Telit module

On Tue, 2013-03-26 at 18:48 +0100, Enrico Murador - Research &
Development - CET wrote:
I've tried with Quantal PPA on 12.10, installed both ModemManager and
NetworkManager, but it seems it doesn't even found my module... :(
I will try to make some debugging logs.

Side question: my modem module uses 3 USB ports: one for commands, one
for commands/data and one reserved for firmware upgrade.
ModemManager manages (and locks?) the first two ports. Is there a way to
send AT commands  to the modem "thru" ModemManager?
Or alternatively, to configure ModemManager to use only one port (the
one for commands/data) and leave the other port free?
I ask this because I need to send SMS also when data connection is
active, and I'm not sure if ModemManager allows this...

ModemManager definitely allows this, as long as it can find 2 or more
ports.  It sounds like this is the case for your device, so I would
expect SMS to work fine when the data port is busy with PPP.

Dan

Thank you