Re: Not able to connect from CDMA2000 Modem from Network Manager connection

On Mon, 2012-05-28 at 09:13 +0200, Aleksander Morgado wrote:
> Hey,
>

> >> Yes, I am sure about connectivity. I can use it on my mate's Win OS.
> >>
> >> PFA MM and NM logs  http://old.nabble.com/file/p33878121/nm.log.txt
> >> nm.log.txt ,  http://old.nabble.com/file/p33878121/modem.log.txt
> >> modem.log.txt
> >>

> The device is a "Via Telecom" model "CBP7.0", which reports both CDMA
> (CEVDO, +CIS707P-A, +CIS-856-A) and GSM (+CGSM) capabilities, and
> exposes a single AT port.
>
> It is handled by the generic CDMA plugin, but it doesn't report to have
> connectivity: AT+CAD? replies '0' (no service) all the time.

The Via CBP7x has been showing up in a bunch of Android phones recently
(ex Samsung Droid Charge, Galaxy Nexus).  Given it's a Via chip, and not
Qualcomm, it almost certainly doesn't have DIAG.  The closest drivers I
can find say it's got AT, Voice, and LBS ports, so we may be hosed here.
Is there any way you can tar up the contents of the fake CD the device
provides, or if a CD came with the device, and send it to me so I can
try and see what commands it supports?

Dan