Re: WLAN

On 05/29/2012 04:18 AM, Daniel Ackwonu wrote:
Hello!

My name is Daniel and I am using Ubuntu on a new HP notebook. I have got the
problem that my Realtek Wlan card(RTL8111) is not recognized by my operating
system. I have tried a few things but it is still not working. If one of you
could help that would be great.
Thank you.
iwconfig
lo no wireless extensions.

eth0 no wireless extensions.

vboxnet0 no wireless extensions.

The Realtek RTL8111 is a wired interface, not wireless. The output of the dmesg command should give you some indication of why the wireless device is not created. You are probably missing firmware.

If the above does not provide any clues, please post the output of 'lspci -nn'.

Larry