Re: [PATCH] core: add internet connectivity check
- From: Thomas Bechtold <thomasbechtold jpberlin de>
- To: networkmanager-list <networkmanager-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] core: add internet connectivity check
- Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 07:16:29 +0100
i just want to summarize the discussion about the response handling so
we can decide which solution we want to use.
mentioned solutions are:
1) check http status-response 204 (or any other) (chromiumos method)
2) check content for a specific http header (connman method)
3) check start of content (implemented in patch V3)
4) check complete content
5) check http status-response 200 (creates false positives for hotspots)
6) check content with a regex (tie us into a specific regex lib)
5+6 are already declined.
i prefer solution 3 because it's more flexible than 1) and produce fewer
traffic than 2).
] [Thread Prev