Re: Connection sharing with WPA/WPA2

Am 17.01.2010 22:09, schrieb John Mahoney:
On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 1:28 PM, Quintin Beukes<quintin last za net>  wrote:

Are you sure the network is even established? Can you ping the other host?

You mentioned "ad-hoc". I've noticed NetworkManager has problems
establishing AdHoc networks using WPA. For the network doesn't
establish in the first place, so sharing won't work.

It should not have to be ad-hoc.  The wifi card is acting in ap(Access
Point) mode.

Yes, but the simplest solution for me is to just use "Create New Wireless Network" in NetworkManager, use WEP64, and everything works.

Looking in NetworkManager it tells me that it is an "Adhoc" network.

I received an answer that WPA(2) mode in Adhoc mode is not in the specification.

AP mode may work, I'm just too lazy. :)

Thank you all for your answers,

g (lying on the couch with his Ipod :) )