Re: Connection sharing with WPA/WPA2

Am 17.01.2010 18:04, schrieb Marc Luethi:
On Sun, 2010-01-17 at 17:37 +0100, Gonsolo wrote:

It works with WEP64 encryption but not with WPA/WPA2 encryption.

If your notebook sets up an "ad hoc" WiFi network, you can't use WPA or
WPA2.

AFAIK, the "ad hoc" WiFi mode is still limited to WEP encryption.

With certain hardware/driver combinations it is possible to run your
hardware in "Access Point mode" - then this restriction does not apply,
of course.

Ok, thanks. It seems to be "ad hoc". I think my WG511 card would allow WPA but I will continue to use WEP for now (since it is the easiest to do :) ).