Re: setting a specific peer name

Quoting Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com>:

On Tue, 2009-09-22 at 23:11 -0800, barsalou wrote:
Quoting Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com>:

>> The command is 'pppd call mypeername'.....wanted to know if the gui
>> tool could/would replicate that behavior.
>
> That command appears to only tell pppd to read options
> from /etc/ppp/peers/<name>.
>
>> Either that, or how/where do I change all the options for the
>> connection.  It has most of it right, but there are a few items off.
>
> You can change many of the options from the connection editor,
> nm-connection-editor, in the PPP tab for that connection.

One of the options that cannot be set is the tty device...when
connecting a Mercury USBConnect device, it tries to use ttyS3 and it
should be S4....so using the 'call' option works because I have
specific ability to change that option.

The port that should be used is determined automatically by
NetworkManager or ModemManager.  So if there's something wrong with
that, we need to fix NM.  You should never ever have to specify the port
yourself.  What version of NM?

You probably mean ttyUSB3/ttyUSB4 too, right?

Version 0.7.0.100.

I'm using xubuntu 9.04.

I did in fact meant ttyUSB3/ttyUSB4....thanks for catching that.

Mike B.