Re: setting a specific peer name

Quoting Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com>:

The command is 'pppd call mypeername'.....wanted to know if the gui
tool could/would replicate that behavior.

That command appears to only tell pppd to read options
from /etc/ppp/peers/<name>.

Either that, or how/where do I change all the options for the
connection.  It has most of it right, but there are a few items off.

You can change many of the options from the connection editor,
nm-connection-editor, in the PPP tab for that connection.

One of the options that cannot be set is the tty device...when connecting a Mercury USBConnect device, it tries to use ttyS3 and it should be S4....so using the 'call' option works because I have specific ability to change that option.

Am I wrong in thinking there is no way to change that in the nm-connection-editor?

Mike B.