Re: Annoying NetworkManager "feature"

On Wednesday 23 September 2009 01:36:56 Dan Williams wrote:

> > > Hmm, you seem to be using an older version of NetworkManager... what
> > > specific version do you have?
> >

> > I have x86_64 F12alpha installed as another qemu-kvm guest and I re-ran
> > my  test.
>
> That version in F-12 has it's own problems because it's an earlier
> snapshot; I've updated NM in F12 with a ton of fixes and you'll find it
> as -2.git20090921.  Give that a shot.

OK, I gave it a shot on a f12alpha qemu-kvm guest.  I updated NetworkManager
to the new version.

First of all, I noticed that there is no nm-system-settings any longer but
there is an nm-applet.

This time, when I check "connections", I am prompted for for authentication
when I hit apply.  However, the box does not stay checked.  Time stamping
indicates that ifcfg-eth1 was changed but there are no changes to the contents
of that file.

However, for some reason, the route is correct!  On this guest there are two
NICs (eth0 and eth1) with eth0 on the NAT NIC and the one which I want as the
default route and IT IS!  Even when I change the ifcfg-eth1 so that I have to
manually start eth1, the route sticks to eth0!  This is very different than how
things work in F11.

Gene