Re: setting a specific peer name

Quoting Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com>:

On Wed, 2009-09-16 at 12:28 -0800, barsalou wrote:
I'd like to use a specific peer file when using the network
manager...is this possible?

You mean for PPP or something?  Does the PPP server require a specific
peer name to be sent to it?  I think we send a peer name equal to the
hostname of the machine right now.

Dan

The command is 'pppd call mypeername'.....wanted to know if the gui tool could/would replicate that behavior.

Either that, or how/where do I change all the options for the connection. It has most of it right, but there are a few items off.

Seems to me that it might be a hal issue, but since I'm not clear on exactly how NetworkManager works, I thought I ask.

Mike B.