Re: Automatic 6to4 for network-manager

Benoit Boissinot wrote:
Good idea, just remember to make it difficult to enable ipv6
connection sharing with a 6to4 address, Vista is already messing with
that too much (we regularly see windows computers advertizing their
6to4 prefix in our network, so they hijack all the AAAA traffic from
other computer).

That sounds like an automatically configured router-advertisment. I agree that we don't want that by default but it could be included in the 'Shared with other computers' method. We'll explore that later though.

You mean, behind a NAT, using the public IP of the gateway? How does
your computer get the proto41 packets back? Did you put yourself in
DMZ (that's the way I usually it), or is there another trick?

The 6to4 interface could come up and it might even move some traffic but there is no way it can work globally since your 6to4 address is based on your v4 address and won't be unique. It probably even violates the RFC - I don't recall.

--
Graham Beneke
E-Mail/MSN/Jabber: graham apolix co za   Skype: grbeneke