RE: ifupdown plugin adds wifi device as wired (with patch)

>> To work around this issue I'll have HAL rescan the MMC and SDIO
busses
>> after it has scanned /sys/classes.

> Are you sure, you are not running the kernel in the
> CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED mode? That might be the issue, and is not
> supported with new tools.

Thanks for the hint Kay, that is indeed the case.

I inherited this setting from our vendor and I wasn't aware of issues it
may cause. I have to check if anything breaks when the deprecated mode
is disabled but it sure is a better solution to the problem.

Regards,
Gertjan