Re: ifupdown plugin adds wifi device as wired (with patch)

On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 10:36:45AM +0100, Gertjan de Back wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> Ifupdown plugin tries to ‘bootstrap’ wired and wifi devices at startup. While
> this works, wifi devices are added as wired devices.
>

> It appears that the plugin calls hald_device_added_cb2 with type
> NM_DEVICE_TYPE_ETHERNET for the both wired and wifi devices. I believe that
> must be a mistake. At least, changing it to NM_DEVICE_TYPE_WIFI made our device
> show up as a wireless interface.  Patch attached.

The patch seems to correct a typo - thanks for catching it. However,
the devtype is never used by the callback, so it shouldn't really make
a difference for you.

What are the symptoms you are trying to fix? Remember to attach your
/etc/network/interfaces too.

 - Alexander