RE: ifupdown plugin adds wifi device as wired (with patch)

> However, the devtype is never used by the callback, so it shouldn't
really
> make a difference for you.

I guess you're right. I was following how the device was added and ran
into this which seemed to be the problem. But wasn't.

> What are the symptoms you are trying to fix?

Our wifi device (AR6000 based via SDIO/MMC card interface) refused to
show up in NetworkManager, even though it is up and running in Linux and
HAL knows all about the device.

In the meantime, I think that I've found the cause. NM requires the
device driver to be set and looks for info.linux.driver at the
net.originating_device. In my case the originating device is an mmc_host
which has no specific driver. I've temporarily worked around the assert
by returning an empty string for the driver driver, as it appears that
it can do without one.

What kind of device driver is NM expecting here? The AR6000 kernel
driver which created the wlan0 device, the mmc_host driver or something
else?

Thanks!
- Gertjan