Re: NM 0.7.1 rc3 oddness with 3G USB device

On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 21:05, Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com> wrote:
> Mobile broadband capabilities are detected with udev capabilities now
> too, but the problem here is that nothing reports which channel is the
> control channel and which isn't.  That information need to go into the
> driver somewhere like it does for 'hso' type devices.  I don't know;
> maybe asac is right and we do need to prefer HAL over udev at least for
> 0.7.1.

I agree with asac then. With any modem other than HSO, you have no
idea from probing which port is the control port and which just
accepts AT commands. With HAL, while things are fragile and require
manual updates, there's at least a chance it works.

Tambet