Re: IP4Config and routes

On Thu, 2009-12-17 at 14:22 -0800, Dan Williams wrote:
> What would you expect the routing table to look like in your case?  I
> suppose we could do a default route for link-local.  Not sure if that
> will confuse apps that expect a default route to mean an internet
> connection though.

I would expect the subnet route, as NM is creating already:
	dest=169.254.0.0
	gateway=0.0.0.0
	genmask=255.255.0.0

I would also like the routing table to either include a default route:
	dest=0.0.0
	gateway=0.0.0.0
	genmask=0.0.0.0

or a multicast one:
	dest=224.0.0.0
	gateway=0.0.0.0
	genmask=240.0.0.0

The routing table that NM is setting up now is reasonable, in my
opinion, but there should be some way of customizing the behaviour in
the settings object.

Daniel