Re: IP4Config and routes

Dan Williams a écrit :
> What would you expect the routing table to look like in your case?  I
> suppose we could do a default route for link-local.  Not sure if that
> will confuse apps that expect a default route to mean an internet
> connection though.

Such apps are damned to be confused anyway, think for instance of a
private network. So not worth considering.

Correctly designed apps just try to connect whenever they see a chance,
and report the connection failure if any. Anything more clever is doomed
to fail in some of the zillions possible network configurations out
there.

Note that I am *not* talking about NetworkManager here, but about
network apps.