Re: Question regarding the features for the next release

On Tue, 2009-08-18 at 13:42 -0400, Darren Albers wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 12:18 PM, Dan Williams<dcbw redhat com> wrote:

> >> Sorry for the late reply, I had issues getting it setup on my box to
> >> talk over Bluetooth.
> >>
> >> Here are the outputs of ATI and AT+GCAP
> >>
> >> ATI:
> >> Research In Motion BlackBerry IP Modem
> >
> > Ok, so we know it's a blackberry but don't know what technology it
> > uses...  I wonder how to get that actually.  I'm pretty sure they
> > probably use the same USB IDs for devices that can do either one or
> > both, and there are a few BBs that have "world" capability with both GSM
> > and CDMA radios.
> >
> > Dan
> >
> >> OK
> >>
> >> AT+GCAP:
> >>
> >> +GCAP:
> >>
> >> OK
> >>
> >> Thanks!
> >> Darren
> >

> That is probably something someone will just have to know based on
> something like broadband assistant?   Or will it be possible to create
> a connection manually to the device and select if it is CDMA or GSM?
> I know that isn't the most user friendly option though...

No, it's certainly not.  We also don't know how to switch the BBs from
CDMA to GSM, or how to find out if they are in CDMA or GSM mode at the
time of connection.  Can you run:

AT+IMSI
AT+COPS=?

for me and wait like a minute or two for the COPS to complete?  Is this
a CDMA or a GSM BB?  Does this one have worldmode?