Re: Question regarding the features for the next release

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 12:18 PM, Dan Williams<dcbw redhat com> wrote:
> On Sun, 2009-08-16 at 11:15 -0400, Darren Albers wrote:
>> On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 12:40 PM, Dan Williams<dcbw redhat com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Ah right, over Bluetooth :)  You're correct.  Out of curiousity, any
>> > chance you can pull some ATI and AT+GCAP responses out of the device
>> > over DUN?
>> >
>> > Dan
>> >

>> Sorry for the late reply, I had issues getting it setup on my box to
>> talk over Bluetooth.
>>
>> Here are the outputs of ATI and AT+GCAP
>>
>> ATI:
>> Research In Motion BlackBerry IP Modem
>
> Ok, so we know it's a blackberry but don't know what technology it
> uses...  I wonder how to get that actually.  I'm pretty sure they
> probably use the same USB IDs for devices that can do either one or
> both, and there are a few BBs that have "world" capability with both GSM
> and CDMA radios.
>
> Dan
>
>> OK
>>
>> AT+GCAP:
>>
>> +GCAP:
>>
>> OK
>>
>> Thanks!
>> Darren

That is probably something someone will just have to know based on
something like broadband assistant?   Or will it be possible to create
a connection manually to the device and select if it is CDMA or GSM?
I know that isn't the most user friendly option though...