Re: gnome-networkmanager do not use gnome-keyring to manage network key

On Wed, 2009-08-19 at 06:52 -0700, fireinice wrote:
> Thanks for the help,
> I do not have a session manager and I run by hand
> gnome-keyring-daemon and export the variant in the shell
> could it help the applet?

I think you have to export the environment variable that
gnome-keyring-daemon prints out to the environment of the program that
actually launches nm-applet.  The environment gets inherited from parent
to child, so whatever runs gnome-keyring-daemon has to somehow get that
environment variable into the environment of the applet when the applet
gets launched.  Usually a session manager will do this for you, but in
your case you need to make sure that happens in your setup.

Dan