Re: Question regarding the features for the next release

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 1:19 PM, Dan Williams<dcbw redhat com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-08-18 at 13:42 -0400, Darren Albers wrote:

>> > Ok, so we know it's a blackberry but don't know what technology it
>> > uses...  I wonder how to get that actually.  I'm pretty sure they
>> > probably use the same USB IDs for devices that can do either one or
>> > both, and there are a few BBs that have "world" capability with both GSM
>> > and CDMA radios.
>> >
>> > Dan

>> That is probably something someone will just have to know based on
>> something like broadband assistant?   Or will it be possible to create
>> a connection manually to the device and select if it is CDMA or GSM?
>> I know that isn't the most user friendly option though...
>
> No, it's certainly not.  We also don't know how to switch the BBs from
> CDMA to GSM, or how to find out if they are in CDMA or GSM mode at the
> time of connection.  Can you run:
>
> AT+IMSI
> AT+COPS=?
>
> for me and wait like a minute or two for the COPS to complete?  Is this
> a CDMA or a GSM BB?  Does this one have worldmode?
>
> Dan

Here you go:
AT+IMSI:

ERROR

AT+COPS=?:
+COPS: (2,,AT&T,310410),(2,,AT&T,310410),,(0,1),(1,2)

OK

As for Global devices I can get access to one and find out how it
looks but I won't be able to try it roaming.   Doesn't the device get
all the details via the GSM sim card and then the AT+COPS command will
say who the provider is and we get the APN from the Broadband
Assistant database?