Re: nm vpn plugin api docs?
- From: Martin Willi <martin strongswan org>
- To: Steve Hillier <keyhman gmail com>
- Cc: "networkmanager-list gnome org" <networkmanager-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: nm vpn plugin api docs?
- Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 08:16:11 +0200
> challenges were interactive authentication and multiple, concurrent
> connections -- this is absolutely needed because of the way openswan
> handles the case of multiple subnets over a single tunnel.
I was facing similar problems in my strongSwan IKEv2 plugin .
Interactive authentication is difficult and multiple active connection
is currently almost impossible to implement. I decided to strip these
features, as in most road-warrior scenarios this is not so important.
> So I checked out the latest rev from svn trunk, but I didnt see the
> API changes you mentioned. Is the rewritten code you 'shelved' even
> avaiable yet?
There have been some recent API changes:
- VPN secrets in separate settings (r4031)
- UUID, not connection ID is passed to auth dialog (r4053)
> I tried to build anyway, but I'm having a hell of a time getting all
> the dependencies satisfied. I switched to ubuntu this year, and while
> I love the stability, the software packages are dated and setting up a
> sane build environment seems to be a big first step to working on the
> 0.7 code tree.
There is a NetworkManager PPA available at launchpad . Just install
all the dev packages and you are ready to go. I'm also running a
strongSwan PPA  for my NM plugin, so you might want to check that out
to get another example how things work.
] [Thread Prev