Re: Mobile Broadband - how do I trace/debug the modem initialisation?

On Tue, 2008-10-21 at 11:14 +0200, Per Hallsmark wrote:
Hello Craig,

Yes, this is definitly a modem that falls into the mbm plugin.
I've submitted a patch for it earlier to this list, although that
one requires another NetworkManager patch (changing a bit
how iface/ip_iface is used) as well as a driver which unfortunally
isn't submitted yet (but will hopefully be in the nearest days!)

If you can be patient until next week, I hopefully can describe
howto get this modem going here. I'm dependant on the
driver to be released first.

It's not really a Dell device either, they oem it... ;-)

Tambet, what about the plugins beeing able to specify a
init string and close string? (if the standard wont work that is)

/Per
Thanks Per, let me know if you need info from me. I can wait as I have it working manually via wvdial.

Regards
Craig

To read FirstRand Bank's Disclaimer for this email click on the following address or copy into your Internet browser:
https://www.fnb.co.za/disclaimer.html

If you are unable to access the Disclaimer, send a blank e-mail to firstrandbankdisclaimer fnb co za and we will send you a copy of the Disclaimer.