Re: Some questions

Hmmm...

> My home network runs WPA-PSK (yeah, I know the risks, I wrote the attack
> paper, but my Radius server is currently down).  I frequently run into
> the situation where NetworkManager is not succeeding in authenticating
> to the AP.  I have no sniffing data; I would like to see some packets,
> but Wireshark does not show interface eth1 (the wireless one).  I end up
> having to reboot to get wireless working, or switch to wired.

Does it authenticate OK when you take down the interface and restart
NetworkManager? (I ask because I have a similar problem with one WAP
that'll only authenticate once, *guaranteed*, but then never again; yet
with another WAP backending to the same RADIUS server, it'll
re-authenticate with no problems whenever I ask. See RH Bugzilla
#434821.)

James

--
The Holy ettlz                              TheHolyettlz googlemail com
PGP key ID: 03F94B5D