Re: =?UTF-8?Q?=E5=9B=9E=E5=A4=8D=3A?= NetworkManager build error for mips platform

On Fri, 2008-01-04 at 11:10 +0800, alex z wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Hmm.. I don't use Gnome or KDE for my board but maybe some embedded
> GUIs like NanoX or Directfb. GTK+ will not be used, but GLib and DBus
> may be used in my system.
> But now, I am just looking for a program/daemon to manager the wifi
> and wired networks on my board. So, I tried NM first.
> Now, I found NM seems like doesnot so suitable for my request, because
> it depends on Gnome(GTK). So, can anyone please give me some advices
> about using other program/daemon except NM? Thanks!

NM is actually separated into two distinct pieces.  The core NM daemon
itself, which actually talks to the kernel and wireless/wired hardware,
does _not_ require GNOME or GTK by design.  The second part, the
user-facing part, does require a separate implementation for each
desktop environment it might be used on.  There's nm-applet for GNOME,
knetworkmanager for KDE, etc.  I've written pure python implementations
before too.