Re: NM using Option card

On Thu, 2008-02-07 at 21:40 +0100, Markus Becker wrote:
> On Thu, 7 Feb 2008, Dan Williams wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 2008-02-07 at 21:19 +0100, Markus Becker wrote:
> >> Feb  7 20:56:34 shelbyville pppd[10716]: Could not determine remote
> >> IP
> >> address: defaulting to 10.64.64.64
>
> Searching the web for this, reveals, that this seems to be very common
> with UMTS dialup, but works nevertheless, if the DNS is correct, e.g.
> something like 194.48.139.254. If I enter that manually into
> /etc/resolv.conf, the connection works. But why is ppp not getting DNS
> addresses?

Any chance you could patch the nm-pppd-helper binary to write all the
options it gets out to a file somewhere and then send that to the list?
That's what I had to do when debugging the P-t-P address thing, because
pppd squelches any output the plugin might print.  That would help us
figure out if your remote side has the issue, or if it's a
NetworkManager problem, and if so where in NetworkManager the problem
lies.

Dan