Re: NM using Option card

On Thu, 2008-02-07 at 21:19 +0100, Markus Becker wrote:
> Feb  7 20:56:34 shelbyville pppd[10716]: Could not determine remote
> IP
> address: defaulting to 10.64.64.64

That bit looks suspect...  Never seen that message from pppd before, but
it might have something to do with it.  I had to modify the ppp helper
code when adding CDMA support to grab the remote IP address and set that
as the interface's P-t-P address, otherwise my Sprint cards wouldn't
work.  Previously to this, the interface's P-t-P address was getting set
to the same address as the interface address.

Ultimate fail:

pppd/ipcp.c
    if (ho->hisaddr == 0) {
	ho->hisaddr = htonl(0x0a404040 + ifunit);
	warn("Could not determine remote IP address: defaulting to %I",
	     ho->hisaddr);
    }

WTF?????

Maybe NetworkManager should trap that magic and replace it with the
interface address like use to happen before.