Re: NetworkManager core daemon moved to git

Hi Dan,

> > > I assume you mean --use-log-author?  That appears to only look for
> > > "From:" and "Signed-off-by" for the author, not the Gnome ChangeLog
> > > format used in the commit messages like:
> > >
> > > 2008-12-12  Dan Williams <my email com>
> > >
> > > So I doubt it will buy me anything without me doing some perl hackery.
> >
> > it will use the Subversion Unix name. For example dcbw and then your
> > provide a file with Unix name <-> Name, Email mapping and it does the
> > magic for you.
>
> Cute.  It's probably easier just to hack perl.

it is actually pretty simple. I normally run a script like this:

	git-log | grep Author | awk '{ print $2 }' | sort | uniq

And then match the account names with /etc/passwd GECOS field to get th
real names. Then you only need to get the email address and these are in
the AUTHORS file (at least they should be). And from that information
your create your file for --authors-file command line for the intial
git-svn clone command to import everything.

Regards

Marcel