Re: Leap authentication problem in NM.- once again

Dan Williams wrote:
On Thu, 2007-07-05 at 15:14 -0500, Aaron Konstam wrote:
On Thu, 2007-07-05 at 13:23 -0400, Darren Albers wrote:
On 7/5/07, Aaron Konstam <akonstam sbcglobal net> wrote:
On Mon, 2007-07-02 at 15:18 -0500, Aaron Konstam wrote:
I am using NetworkManager-0.6.5-6.fc7 on F7 but it is not working
properly.

When I set up a WEP authentication I am asked to enter the id number of
the Access point then I am asked for a passwd phrase which when entered
causes the connecton to be made.

When I subsequently login I am asked for the passwd phrase; which when
entered proceeds to make the connection.

When I choose LEAP authentication I am asked for a login and passwd.
Then I am asked for a passwd phrase (which I don't remember happening in
earlier LEAP authentication.) The connection is then made.

Subsequently when I login to the machine I am not asked for a passwd
phrase and the NM-applet keeps searching endlessly for a connection.

Something is wrong. Could someone either confirm that this is a error in
the program or tell me how to make it work?
I don't know why complex questions can get answered but simple ones do
not, so let me try again.

Is LEAP authentication using NM supposed to ask you for a password at
the end of the configuration process? It is happening and it screws
things up as described above.

If you want a bugzilla I will file one.
Well, Jim, I'm not much of an actor either.

Probably because not many people who lurk here answering questions
have used LEAP so they don't know the answer...

Is the second request for a passphrase your keyring passphrase?
Yes it is? Ok maybe it is time for a bugzilla. The developer of this
capability must know how it is supposed to work, It used to work in an
earlier NM version.

My guess is that it was the patch that made WPA[2] Enterprise
certificate stuff stop asking for passwords in applet-dbus-info.c,
nmi_dbus_get_key_for_network().  That changed the password request
logic, possibly for the worse with LEAP.  What exactly are your LEAP
options, just user and password, right?

Dan

Hmm, that patch shouldn't have changed the logic for LEAP authentication..
Do we know what version was last working ok for Aaron (6.4 / 6.5)?

Regards,
Jon.