Re: Leap authentication problem in NM.- once again

On 7/5/07, Aaron Konstam <akonstam sbcglobal net> wrote:
On Mon, 2007-07-02 at 15:18 -0500, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> I am using NetworkManager-0.6.5-6.fc7 on F7 but it is not working
> properly.
>
> When I set up a WEP authentication I am asked to enter the id number of
> the Access point then I am asked for a passwd phrase which when entered
> causes the connecton to be made.
>
> When I subsequently login I am asked for the passwd phrase; which when
> entered proceeds to make the connection.
>
> When I choose LEAP authentication I am asked for a login and passwd.
> Then I am asked for a passwd phrase (which I don't remember happening in
> earlier LEAP authentication.) The connection is then made.
>
> Subsequently when I login to the machine I am not asked for a passwd
> phrase and the NM-applet keeps searching endlessly for a connection.
>
> Something is wrong. Could someone either confirm that this is a error in
> the program or tell me how to make it work?

I don't know why complex questions can get answered but simple ones do
not, so let me try again.

Is LEAP authentication using NM supposed to ask you for a password at
the end of the configuration process? It is happening and it screws
things up as described above.

If you want a bugzilla I will file one.
Well, Jim, I'm not much of an actor either.

Probably because not many people who lurk here answering questions
have used LEAP so they don't know the answer...

Is the second request for a passphrase your keyring passphrase?