Re: Leap authentication problem in NM.- once again

On Thu, 2007-07-05 at 13:23 -0400, Darren Albers wrote:
> On 7/5/07, Aaron Konstam <akonstam sbcglobal net> wrote:
> > On Mon, 2007-07-02 at 15:18 -0500, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> > > I am using NetworkManager-0.6.5-6.fc7 on F7 but it is not working
> > > properly.
> > >
> > > When I set up a WEP authentication I am asked to enter the id number of
> > > the Access point then I am asked for a passwd phrase which when entered
> > > causes the connecton to be made.
> > >
> > > When I subsequently login I am asked for the passwd phrase; which when
> > > entered proceeds to make the connection.
> > >
> > > When I choose LEAP authentication I am asked for a login and passwd.
> > > Then I am asked for a passwd phrase (which I don't remember happening in
> > > earlier LEAP authentication.) The connection is then made.
> > >
> > > Subsequently when I login to the machine I am not asked for a passwd
> > > phrase and the NM-applet keeps searching endlessly for a connection.
> > >
> > > Something is wrong. Could someone either confirm that this is a error in
> > > the program or tell me how to make it work?
> >
> > I don't know why complex questions can get answered but simple ones do
> > not, so let me try again.
> >
> > Is LEAP authentication using NM supposed to ask you for a password at
> > the end of the configuration process? It is happening and it screws
> > things up as described above.
> >
> > If you want a bugzilla I will file one.
> > --
> > Well, Jim, I'm not much of an actor either.
> > Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam sbcglobal net
> >

> Probably because not many people who lurk here answering questions
> have used LEAP so they don't know the answer...
>
> Is the second request for a passphrase your keyring passphrase?

Yes it is? Ok maybe it is time for a bugzilla. The developer of this
capability must know how it is supposed to work, It used to work in an
earlier NM version.
Live fast, die young, and leave a flat patch of fur on the highway! --
The Squirrels' Motto (The "Hell's Angels of Nature")