Re: Corporate Networks & Hidden SSID
- From: Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com>
- To: Grant Williamson <traxtopel gmail com>
- Cc: networkmanager-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Corporate Networks & Hidden SSID
- Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 15:16:31 -0500
On Thu, 2007-01-25 at 20:10 +0100, Grant Williamson wrote:
> testing on our corporate eap/tls systems, i.e. what I originally
> tested on, setting this to AP_SCAN 1 it connects.
> Why is the default in most cases then AP_SCAN 2, just trying to figure
> out problems it will cause switching it to 1.
It should only be set to 2 when:
* - The wireless network is non-broadcast or Ad-Hoc
* - The wireless driver does not support WPA (stupid drivers...)
in your case, since the net is hidden, NM will do what wpa_supplicant
suggests, and set ap_scan=2. There's a note in the wpa_supplicant
config file that says that if you're using ap_scan=2 then you _MUST_
match the pairwise and group cipher parameters to exactly what the AP is
set to. That's the bit NM doesn't allow you to set right now, which
will change in 0.7. So if your AP isn't set to "TKIP CCMP" for both of
those then it may not work with NM.
> Matthew Saltzman wrote:
> > If it's not too much trouble, would y'all mind stripping that long log
> > excerpt from the bottom of future messages in this thread?
> > Every message is producing a digest now, which kind of defeats the
> > point of getting the digest...
> > Thanks!
] [Thread Prev